Healthcare Benchmarks: Telehealth and Telemedicine
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)-- Mar 05, 2010 Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b0fdbf/2010_healthcare_be) has announced the addition of the "2010 Healthcare Benchmarks: Telehealth and Telemedicine" report to their offering.
With rising healthcare costs fueling much of the debate surrounding healthcare reform, many healthcare organizations are turning to telehealth and telemedicine to lower costs and improve efficiencies while expanding patients access to services - particularly in rural areas.
How common is the use of telehealth for clinical and non-clinical purposes, and for which purposes and medical conditions is remote monitoring most often employed? Which technologies comprise a telehealth solution, and how has telehealth affected levels of healthcare access, efficiency, cost and patient compliance?
An increasing use of telehealth points to a healthcare future where no patient is left behind due to a lack of access. 2010 Healthcare Benchmarks: Telehealth & Telemedicine provides actionable information from 139 healthcare organizations on their utilization of telehealth & telemedicine. This 20-page resource documents trends and metrics on current and planned initiatives in the use of telehealth and telemedicine, provides lessons from early adopters and identifies emerging applications of these technologies.
This exclusive report analyzes the responses of 139 healthcare organizations to September 2009 Industry Survey on Telehealth and Telemedicine, presenting the data in easy-to-follow graphs and tables.
This industry snapshot is enhanced with commentary from Randall Williams, M. D., F.A.C.C., founding CEO of Pharos Innovations, on leveraging data and technology to engage patients.
This report provides expanded data on:
- Current and planned telehealth and telemedicine programs;
- Populations and conditions targeted by telehealth and telemedicine;
- Most frequently employed applications and technologies;
- Emerging trends in funding, reimbursement and incentives for telehealth and telemedicine;
- Challenges, benefits and barriers related to the use of telehealth and telemedicine;
- The impact of telehealth on healthcare delivery, efficiency and ROI;
- The complete September 2009 Telehealth and Telemedicine survey tool and more.
Organizations who are considering an investment in telehealth and telemedicine can learn from the experiences and feedback from healthcare payors, purchasers, providers and others presented in this resource.
Key Topics Covered:
- Respondents Using Telehealth
- Planning Telehealth in Next 12 Months
- Purposes for Telehealth
- Targeted Populations for Telehealth
- Using Telehealth for Remote Monitoring
- Targeted Conditions
- Telecommunications Technologies for Telehealth
- Funding Sources for Telehealth
- Awareness of State Legislation for Telehealth Reimbursement
- Impact of Telehealth on Organizational Processes
- ROI From Telehealth
- Greatest Barrier to Telehealth
- Respondent Demographics
Prescription for Success: Leveraging Data and Technology to Engage Patients
Benchmark Survey Tool: Telemedicine
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b0fdbf/2010_healthcare_be