Cinterion Wireless Modules Adds Automotive LGA Technology Portfolio
“We continue to push the M2M envelope, providing innovative modules for a broad range of budgets and applications worldwide,” said Norbert Muhrer, CEO and president, Cinterion Wireless Modules. “There’s tremendous opportunity and demand in the automotive sector and AGS3 with LGA mounting enables cost-effective, process manufacturing for eToll, eCall, fleet management and other large scale telematics applications.”
Optimized for Automotive Plus LGA Innovation
AGS3, Cinterion’s sixth generation automotive module, is optimized for peak performance and rugged automotive application environments. It includes solderable LGA surface mounting technology for efficient, fully automated manufacturing and process consistency as well as advanced telematics features and functionality.
AGS3 meets the requirements of the European eCall initiative and is ideal for ITS applications such toll collect, telematics, fleet management and emergency call and roadside assistance solutions. It provides GPRS class 12 data speeds on 2G Quad-Band frequencies (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) for worldwide coverage. Other highlights of AGS3 include:
- Cinterion LGA 119 form factor mounting
- Full TCP/IP support (TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3)
- Industrial Interfaces (USB, 2x serial, SPI, I2C)
- RLS monitoring / jamming detection
- Advanced temperature management, operating range: -40°C to +85°C
- Latest processor technology: ARM9, 65nm
- Antenna diagnostics as manufacturing support
- SIM access profile
- Automotive e-mark certificate
- Prepared for European e-call initiative
For more information about Cinterion’s new AGS3 module, please visit booth #341 in the M2M Zone at CTIA Wireless 2010 in Las Vegas, March 23-25, or go to www.cinterion.com.